Additives for paints
In addition to powder coating and additive manufacturing, Rilsan® PA11 powders can be used as additives in industrial coatings to improve properties and impart texture.
For more textured finishes and better cleanability, Orgasol® ultrafine powders with a spheroidal shape and smaller particle size are also available. Visit Orgasol® powders website.
Rilsan® D Range
Compatible with a wide range of paints, Rilsan® D is well known by paint manufacturers for its combination of properties including:
- High degree of scratch and abrasion resistance
- Matting effect
- Feeling/touch: the wide granulometry range and angular shape particles lead to a specific coating texture from finely granulated to sharply structured
- Covering properties with mass pigmented products
- Special multicolour effects with mass colored grades
- Good chemical resistance
- Low density
3 main additive markets
- Coil coating
- Flooring: PVC, concrete, sport flooring
- Plastic Coating: PVC profiles, automotive parts, video/Hi-Fi equipment
Rilsan® Fine Powders exhibit a full dispersibility in liquid media (polyurethane, epoxy formulations, etc.), and a regular size distribution which provides a regular structured coating aspect.
|Commercial name||Dispersion||Average||Natural or mass|
|Polyamide 11||Grade in liquid media||Particle size (μm)||Colored grade|
- Natural grades: D 30 Nat, D 40 Nat, D 50 Nat, D 60 Nat
- White grades: D 20 White, D 40 White
- Various ES MAC colors
Particle size distribution
Coating with Rilsan® D additive
Abrasion resistance (Taber abrasimeter ISO 9352:93, Wheel CS17, 1000g)
Polyurethane coating without additive
Polyurethane coating with polyamide 12
Polyurethane coating with polyamide 11: Rilsan® D
|Coating||Polyurethane||Polyurethane with Rilsan® D|
|Clemens scratch test||600 g||800 g|
Example: Rilsan® D polyurethane paint
|Rilsan® D amount (% WT)||Gloss (60°)|
Among Rilsan® fine powder grades, mass colored ES MAC or T MAC can be used as additives and offer covering properties to the coating, thanks to the incorporation of pigments in the polymer matrix.
For any information about availability of RAL, contact us.
To get different textured finishes and a higher cleanability, Arkema also provides Orgasol® ultrafine powders with a spheroïdal shape and smaller particle size. Visit Orgasol® powders website.